Did you know that bleach was once used as a choking agent?


Is There an Even Better Option?

bleach bucket

Adapted from drsoram.com

Chlorine bleach, household cleaners are often the most toxic chemicals found in homes yet most popular in America. Bleach is added to everything from toilet bowl cleaners and counter sprays to dishwashing liquid and laundry detergent. Of course, it’s also often used straight out of the bottle for an endless array of cleaning purposes.

The benefit to chlorine bleach is that it’s very effective in killing germs like viruses, bacteria and fungi. But the benefit does not come without a price. It resides as residue on all surfaces you use it to clean, it goes into your home’s air that you breathe, affecting your lungs, and it’s absorbed very quickly into your skin and your family members’ skin by everything you touch that was cleaned.

Chlorine is extremely poisonous and was actually used during World War I as a choking agent, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Chlorine gas is what gives bleach its pungent odor, and it can be pressurized and cooled to change it into a liquid form, which is used to make countless industrial and household products including bleach (both household chlorine bleach and bleach used in the manufacture of paper and cloth).

“Household bleach, used to whiten fabrics or remove mold from surfaces, is (ONLY) a 5% solution of a stabilized form of chlorine,” states the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.

Health Risks of Chlorine Bleach

The active ingredient in bleach, sodium hypochlorite, is a combination of sodium and chloride.  This substance is not only incredibly corrosive and capable of causing irritation, pain and blistering if it comes in contact with your skin, it’s also potentially dangerous when inhaled.

According to Clorox, “Medical conditions that may be aggravated by exposure to high concentrations of vapor or mist [from Clorox regular bleach]: heart conditions or chronic respiratory problems such as asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis or obstructive lung disease.”

As you may also have heard, chlorine bleach reacts with ammonia, drain cleaners and other acids like vinegar and some toilet bowl cleaners. if you mix chlorine bleach with these substances, chlorine gas is released, which can cause the following even at low levels:

  • Irritation to your eyes, throat and nose
  • Coughing and breathing problems
  • Burning and watery eyes
  • Runny nose

If the chlorine gas exposure is high enough, it can cause:

  • Chest pain
  • Severe breathing difficulties
  • Vomiting
  • Pneumonia
  • Fluid in the lungs
  • Death

It’s therefore incredibly important to not mix bleach with any ammonia or acid-containing products, and this includes coming into contact with the urine while cleaning cat litter boxes or diaper pails. Bleach may also react with certain oven cleaners, hydrogen peroxide and insecticides, making its use a bit like playing Russian roulette.

Be warned, chlorine bleach has high risks if not handled with plastic gloves and no residue is left behind there could be a concern for autoimmune and other unseen cause of health problems, making it a very dangerous poison risk to your health.  According to researchers from the UC Berkeley and Lawrence Berkely National Laboratory, cleaning a shower stall for 15 minutes with a product containing glycol ethers, which ar common in household cleaners are classified as hazardous air pollutants by the EPA, may result in exposures that ar 3 times the recommended one hour exposure limit.  They contribute to contamination of your indoor air, when you breathe this air, it is more likely to affect much more than your nose, mouth and even lungs.  Polluted air affects all of your body’s systems, particularly your respiratory and cardiovascular systems.

On a side note, (not endorsed by drsoram.com – editorial comment here) there are alternatives out there for sanitizing type products… Healthy Home has a fantastic product called Sanitizer Home and hand, which can be used to kill bacteria, fungi and viruses. Sanitizer Home and Hand contains stabilized chlorine dioxide (stabilized oxygen) that has been used for decades in water purification and is known to be effective against bacteria and viruses. It does not dry out skin, and because the active ingredient breaks down into table salt, it is safe to use on hands as well as surfaces including but not limited to tables, work areas and clothes. Home and Hand also contain OSHA root, which is widely used and considered effective for preventing respiratory issues. Perfect Touch Sanitizer is 100% toxic-free, and its oxygen-rich solution is unlike any alcohol based or aerosol sanitizer. It does not dry out your skin and it is safe to use on any surface. Generously mist your hands and rub under your fingernails for total protection. Spray directly on counter tops, work areas, changing tables, restrooms or minor scrapes and abrasions to sanitize.

See handout on contact time, concentration and results for each one below .

sanitizer4-main

image-3 NewProduct Facts:

  • Home and Hand Sanitizer can be used in place of alcohol-based sanitizers for hands and aerosol-based sanitizers used for home.
  • Contains stabilized chlorine dioxide (stabilized oxygen) that has been used for decades in water purification and known to be effective against bacteria and viruses.
  • Home and Hand also contains osha root, which is widely used and considered effective for preventing respiratory issues.

Home and Hand Sanitizer Testimonials

SANITIZER is great for so many things, but my favorite use for it is on mirrors and bathroom fixtures. I can do a quick clean with NO streaks!”

Kris Larsen Glaister

Where to start? I love Sanitizer! It is so multifunctional… We use it to sanitize our hands, wipe down shopping cart handles, take stains out of clothes and use it on blemishes. I am sure there are many other uses, I have not discovered.”

Michele Caronna

Sanitizer is miraculous. I had a really painful eye infection while camping so I started spraying my eye with it about every 2. After two days of this it was 80% gone and on day three totally vanished. Sanitizer also works great on shopping carts or taking small stains out of clothes. My son got blueberries on his brand new tan shorts. I spritzed it, let it set for ten minutes then threw in the wash and it was gone!”

April Bunting

As a mother of 5, keeping things sanitized is of great importance. I tried to find all-natural ways that don’t use chemicals. Then, I found SANITIZER and I am in love. I can use it on their skin, the shopping carts, tables at restaurants, their toys, clothing and so much more. I even use it on my face in my daily cleaning ritual. It is one of the most AMAZING products out there!”

Misty Miller Vick

Our son gets bloody noses a lot. When I sprayed the Sanitizer on it, the blood stains quickly disappeared. The same thing happened with the raspberries that got smashed into our baby’s clothes. Sanitizer is awesome for so many purposes! I love it!”

Keesha Blaylock Brown

My husband’s Class A dress shoes had scuff marks. Well, thank you to Healthy Home Company’s Sanitizer, NOT anymore.”

Stacy Mae Hanno

I’m in a cleaning mood: dog slobber and Sanitizer.”

Kelvin Eaker

 

Perla Middleton
Founding Member
Healthy Home Company
 

Facebook Twitter WordPress pinterest

 

 

 

Advertisements